Why You Need A WordPress Care Plan
There is no doubt that WordPress is one of the best platforms on which to build your business website. After all, 26% of all website owners Worldwide cannot be wrong!
WordPress core and plugin files need to be updated frequently. Your site needs to be backed up regularly – and to a safe, offsite location. It should also be monitored to ensure it is not infected with malware, that it performs efficiently, and that it doesn’t suffer downtime.
Our WordPress Care Plan range takes those concerns away from you so that you can focus on running your business.
Our WordPress Care Plan Options
We offer 3 levels of care for your WordPress site
Bronze Care (AKA Our WordPress Updates Package)
- Your site will be checked for updates at least once per week (sooner if we are advised of vulnerabilities)
- We’ll backup your site daily to an offsite location whilst you’re on our plan
- We’ll apply the required updates¹ and run a quick check of your site afterwards to make sure it is still working²
- Issues will be fixed quickly and without charge, if possible. If a quick fix is not available we’ll discuss options with you³
- We’ll regularly optimise your WordPress database to keep your site running efficiently
£25+vat per quarter£49+vat every 6 months£95+vat annually
Everything in our Bronze WordPress Care Package plus…
- An optional hosting account for 1 website4
- Up to 1 hour of support time every month5 – includes plugin and WordPress update time, and can cover small tweaks, as well as telephone and email support;
- Regular security scans – we use Sucuri’s SiteCheck tools to scan your website weekly. This is a highly-regarded web-based integrity monitoring and malware scanning tool. We’ll be notified if any malware is found and can discuss possible remedies with you;
- Regular performance checks – Google PageSpeed and Yahoo! YSlow rulesets are used to deliver an overall performance grade for your site. We can then work with you to identify potential improvements;
- Regular uptime monitoring – we’re informed within minutes of your site going down, so that your downtime is limited;
- SEO ranking package – let us have up to 100 keywords and phrases that you’d like your site found for. Your ranking for each of these will then be reported monthly, showing you what’s working and what isn’t, and which keywords you need to focus on.
- Monthly Report – critical to your understanding of how your website is working. We’ll send you a report every month summarising the above features, along with a Google Analytics snapshot of your traffic and a summary of the WordPress and plugin updates carried out during the month.
£90+vat per quarter£175+vat every 6 months£330+vat annually
Everything in our Silver WordPress Care Package plus…
- An additional 1 hour of support time every month5 -YES! That’s 2 hours of our support time each month;
- Full Sucuri Malware Protection – Sucuri will monitor all of the server files for your website on a daily basis and notify us immediately any malware is found. In addition, should any malware be found, Sucuri will clean your site for you free of charge;
- Cloudflare : protection and performance – We’ll optionally add your site to our Cloudflare dashboard so that you benefit from increased protection, as well as a performance improvement
£170+vat per quarter£310+vat every 6 months£580+vat annually
In our opinion, this is the Best WordPress Care Plan available!
We have not found a comparable service by any other provider which does not cost considerably more!
Jump on board and start giving yourself the peace of mind that your WordPress site is being professionally updated.
¹ Assumes you have current licences for any premium plugins. If not, we will ignore those plugins. Theme updates are excluded from this plan.
² A comprehensive site test is not practical after every update. We take a very quick look to make sure your site is still working, as well as a spot check on certain functional areas if they may have been impacted by a plugin update.
³ Most update issues can be fixed within a few minutes. If one of these affects your website we will resolve it without additional cost to you. If a fix is likely to take longer we will estimate the cost for you, suggest appropriate alternatives, or back the update out for you.
4 A migration fee will be charged, typically £90+vat per site, if you need an existing site moved over to our hosting area.
5 This includes our time taken to update your WordPress core and plugins.
All of our support time hours are offered on a use-it-or-lose it basis. No time can be carried over from one month to the next.